Set Up A Custom Domain (Provider or Customer Level)
At Tourbuzz, we realize the importance of white-labeling your products that are being delivered to your customers. Doing this keeps everything clean and as if everything is coming from one place - your photography company! This is why we have two ways to accomplish this.
In this article
Using your own custom domain
There are several benefits of using your own custom domain (ex. tours.mydomain.com) within Tourbuzz. Setting this up gives you the ability to brand all of your tour links and client panel with your company name, logo, and colors. This way, everything looks like it is coming from you!
Using this option will require that you set up what is called a CNAME Record in your domain hosting account. A CNAME record is, in short, a way to point one URL to another. If, for example, you were to set up tours as your subdomain, you'll be telling your hosting company that 'if a visitor goes to tours.mydomain.com, show them the content at tour.tourbuzz.net
To Add a CNAME Record:
- Log in to your hosting account
instructions provided by your hosting provider for adding a CNAME Record, using the following information
- Type: CNAME
- Host (this may be referred to as 'name' or something otherwise with your hosting company - see your hosting provider documentation for help) — Enter the subdomain you'd like to use. This is the URL you want to use for all of your tours, but not the whole URL - just the first part!
You can use tours or you can use anything you wish. This choice is yours.
If you are coming from another tour vendor and are using a custom domain with them, make sure you use a different hostname (such as tour or virtualtours); otherwise, your old tours with them will no longer work.
- Points to (this may be referred to as 'record', 'address', or something otherwise with your hosting company - see your hosting provider documentation for help) — Type tour.tourbuzz.net to map the alias directly to your domain name.
- TTL — Leave this setting the same.
Once your CNAME is set up with your hosting provider, it takes some time for it to propagate across the internet.
We suggest giving the propagation at least 24 hours before moving on to the next step to finalize the setup in your Tourbuzz account settings.
The most common error when trying to save your custom domain settings in your Tourbuzz account is not enough time for propagation.
Finalize the setup of your custom domain in your Tourbuzz account by logging in at Tourbuzz and going to
My Account ->
Account Settings, and scroll down to the
Tour Setup section where you will find the
Use Custom Domain Name field for entering your Custom Domain:
Be sure to select the MLS/IDX-Compliant check box for your custom domain. This assures that your tours will be processed using any defined MLS rules for the MLS assigned to a tour.
Use Enter/Return on your keyboard to save the settings, or scroll down the bottom of the settings and click on the Save button.
If you have any questions about finalizing your custom domain's setup, feel free to contact us for assistance.
If a client copied the previous url link and pasted it into another site, that link will no longer function, you will have 2 options to fix the issue:
1. It is important to inform all clients of the url change and remind them to copy the new changed url link from their tour in their client panel and add it into their listing information on the MLS board or other site.
2. You can create a redirect with your provider (such as GoDaddy, etc.) for any links from the old url to the new one. This would require you to keep the old url for a period of time.
- To update your account to use one of these, you’ll want to go to My Account > Account Settings, then scroll down to the Tour Setup section.
Within the Custom Tour Domain settings, you’ll have the option to Use sub-domain:
By default, your company name will appear in the text field (ex. cxg-testing). Feel free to change this to whatever you would like.
** if another company is already using this subdomain, an error will appear when trying to save. You’ll need to choose a different option or select a different house domain from the dropdown.
- In the dropdown, you’ll also be able to select which of our house domains you would like to use.
- Once you’ve made your selections, scroll to the bottom and save. Your admin panel, client panel, and tour links will now reflect this new subdomain (i.e., cxg-testing.seehouseat.com)
Using a Tourbuzz Provided Domain
If you do not have your own domain or do not wish to utilize your own custom domain, we have 3 house domain that are available for you to use:
Network Solutions: http://www.networksolutions.com/support/cname-records-host-aliases-2/